SAR LMS GWR

SAR LMS GWR
SAR "Commercial Street" - LMS "Wellingford & Bakewell Bridge Railway" - GWR "Porthminster" - Port Dock Station

Friday 6 November 2015

The Signal Cabin....

I used a kit I bought from the US and modified it to look more like the one that used to be in the yard. I added corrugated iron to the roof instead of the tar tiles and shortened the base, but still keeping the lower floor window and door. This is a laser cut timber and card kit which I found to be very accurately cut and easy to assemble. 
The basic cabin put together with some of the bottom section shortened before assembly.
The kit that I used from the US.
The roof was ok to use but needed to be enlarged slightly,
Again I used styrene corrugated iron and copper wire with copier paper for the ridge capping.
The guttering I made using 1.5mm styrene angle iron, and a couple
of down pipes ready to go on after they  are painted.
Once painted in SAR colours of the era, I think it's quite convincing. Just need to put all those damned weeds in and around it now!
The completed signal cabin in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment